|Read More News|
Adele Baumgardt Consulting
Adele has extensive experience of governance: She has been a Board Member for Chwarae Teg, the Fair Play consortia in Wales, and was a Board Member for Sport Wales until March 2012. Adele was Commissioner for the Women’s National Commission the UK Government's official independent advisory body on women until the Commission closed in December 2010.
Adele is now secretary for Women’s Equality Network Wales and has been active in setting this organisation up to represent the views of women in Wales to the Welsh Government, UK Government and to various international for a. Please see www.wenwales.org and join us if you are interested in our work and feeding in your views.
In December 2010 Adele was appointed Chair of the Public Transport Users’ Committee for Wales. The Public Transport Users' Committee for Wales is an advisory committee responsible for providing advice to Welsh Ministers about strategic issues relating to public transport services in Wales.
The main focus of the Committee is to advise Welsh Minister's on option based solutions to:
- increase the appeal of public transport;
- promote social inclusion through public transport services;
- improve accessibility, safety and mobility of public transport services;
- encourage sustainable travel and support integrated transport and
- encourage a shift from using the private car to using public transport.